The other night Twitter was down for scheduled maintenance according to the message I received when visiting the site. I don't know for sure how long it was down. I really don't mess with Twitter that much, but I'll attach a screen shot of the message I saw when I visited below.

I know there was talk from the folks over at Twitter that they are going to be moving, upgrading, or something to their own datacenter. Perhaps this outage had something to do with it. I don't follow them enough to know for certain.

They have had their share of outages and down time lately. From attacks to stolen information, you name it. People have complained about it being extremely slow at times recently too.


Twitter Down

I can live with or without Twitter. In my opinion, it's really not that exciting. I really don't get how thrilling it is to read 140 character or less text messages from everyone in the world. Apparently a lot of people do though. Then again I don't understand how some people send a couple of hundred text messages every day from their cell phone either. Guess I am just old school or something.

I do kind of like the domain name Twitter.com though. It's kind of short and catchy. I really don't think of the bird they use for part of their logo thing.

Anyway the Twitter maintenance page I saw was kind of less than ordinary and not what I would have expected. Here it is: