Rubik's Cube was invented in 1974 by Erno Rubrik. I honestly didn't know it went back that far. When I was a kid I was fascinated with Rubik's Cube. I played with that thing for hours upon end. Funny that something so simple could be so entertaining back then.


Rubik's Cube
Anyway, apparently a group of researcher's have determined or figured out an algorithm for the famous cube. They have determined that the lowest number of moves is 20 to solve. Can you believe that? It took me more than 20 moves. As a matter of fact I can recall being so frustrated trying to solve the thing that at one point I took it completely apart. Then, I reassembled it so all the colors lined up again. Talk about more than 20 moves, but at least I got it hey!

For those of you interested the current world record for solving Rubik's Cube is a mere 7.08 seconds by Dutchman Erik Akkersdijk. Now that is impressive.