I used to hear about underground shelters when I was younger. I guess it had to do with the Cold War or something. I was young and didn't think about it too much, but I do remember they were a fairly common topic. I think it was assumed that the U.S.A and Russia would most likely launch some kind of nuclear war with one another or something.

Anyway apparently there is new wave of Doomsday Shelters gaining popular according to an ABC news video. It claims they are selling space in these shelters at alarming rates. They are kind of interesting and much more fancy than the ones from the Cold War era. I guess they are sort of upgrading or modernizing them.


Doomsday Shelters



The news video is a bit long around 7 mins, but kind of interesting to see what they look like, where they are being built, etc.

If interested have a peek at it here:

In the Lap of Luxury on Doomsday