I was asked by several at a forum I am fairly active in how to get into Google and the other popular search engines. Many of the members were having difficulty getting their sites indexed for some reason.

So I decided to create a simple .html site for the heck of it to see how fast I could get google to find it and index it.

Around 10:00 PM October 23, 2008
I uploaded all the .html files which was a total of 22 pages or so. They were created a few days before this. So I am not including the time to make them.

Around 10:30 PM October 23, 2008 I used an online sitemap creator to submit a sitemap.xml to search engines.

Around 10:45 PM October 23, 2008 I submitted my sitemap.xml to google, yahoo, and msn which I already have accounts at.

I go to bed and leave it at that for now.

The next day October 24, 2008

Around 4:00 PM October 24, 2008 I submit a link to digg, delicious, and several other popular social bookmarking sites.

By 5:00 PM October 24, 2008 I already see my post showing up for digg searching for the keyword/tags I used to submit to digg.

Around 8:00 PM October 24, 2008 I submit it to some directory sites using an automated free program, not sure if this is a good idea but I will try.

Around 10:00 PM October 24, 2008 I search for some blogs, most of which are wordpress that have high google pr ranks of 3-7 range. I commented on some posts that allow me to include my url(link).

By 12:30 AM October 25, 2008 I can now find my site by doing a google search.

Not all links are showing up in a google search yet, and yahoo, and msn are not showing much activity yet but that certainly didn't take long.

It did take a little work to submit a few of the above mentioned.

Now I will continue checking google, yahoo, and msn for more results and update this with anything that might be useful.

1:30 AM October 25, 2008 This post is actually showing in google already. Holy cow that was fast too.

2:00 AM October 25, 2008 I found some blogs with google pr 3-7 that I commented in. Most were wordpress blogs which allow me to include my link back to my site. I used a free blog searching program that searches and tells what the current google pr is for the site and blog page. Handy tool and free. This helps get backlinks to the new site.

? October 27, 2008 I now see my link in Yahoo too. It isn't indexed for searching that well yet, but at least it's there. MSN still don't know the site exists even after updating my sitemap.xml and pinging them with it. I think MSN needs a new bot. Maybe this is one of the reasons they wanted to buy Yahoo!!