I'll admit I've never been a huge American Idol fan. I could live with or without it. I do catch a few episodes each season, and tend to tune into the finale.

Since I didn't watch the entire season I can't say that it was the worst year, but it in my opinion it wasn't the best. In the early stages of this season I have to say I wasn't impressed and even board at times. The singers or contestants seemed less than talented at best.

Now keeping in mind I don't watch every single episode I will say that without Simon Cowell I would have lost interest much sooner. I most likely wouldn't have even watched this season at all.

There is just something about Simon that makes American Idol interesting. I guess I just want to see what he will say next. His goofy comments, body language, and classic eye rolls are what keeps me returning.

Without Simon I don't think the show will do very well from here on out. The only way it would continue to do well is if they manage to find someone to take his place that can really pull off interesting comments and remarks. Just who can actually fill his shoes I don't know. It will be a tough job to come up with someone that can really deliver.

Hopefully the producers of American Idol make the right choice. It will be interesting to see who they finally select as Simon's replacement. I will tune in for a few of the auditions and the premier. I have to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I already have doubts that the show will last much longer.