I am a huge fan of Firefox web browser. I think it is much faster than Internet Explorer. The free add-ons available for Firefox cannot even closely be matched by any other. No matter what you might be looking for there is probably an add-on for it.

Firefox 3.5 recently went stable so being a huge fan I decided to upgrade and check it out. There are some plenty of new features as expected. Firefox claims a huge increase in speed and performance, enhanced security, and a number of others.

After using Firefox 3.5 for more than a month now I do like it. However, there are some glitches or annoyances that irritate me quite a bit.

1. Speed and performance is great at first, but over time as the database increases in size the speed and performance slows...a lot actually.

2. When I have several tabs open at the same time and I click a link on a site, sometimes it closes the tab and opens the link / site in a totally new window. This is really annoying, and happens several times per week.

3. Oftentimes I choose open a new tab and go to punch in a site and the first few letters of the site I type get cut off. I end up re-typing the web address. It appears that the new tab is hanging and doesn't really kick in until I have typed a few letters, hence cutting off a few.

4. Sometimes I open a new tab and type in the address bar and nothing I typed appears. I have to click in the address bar and re-type the web address again. This happens often.

5. It consumes a lot of ram, and it continues to rise until I totally close all tabs and windows.

These are the top 5 complaints I have. I didn't have these issues in the previous version of Firefox. Only since upgrading.

Also when I upgraded Firefox wiped all of my bookmarks. It didn't suggest or tell me to back them up first. It was almost like it was a fresh install. Kind of like it removed the previous version and install the new.

I do keep fairly up-to-date backups, but I'm sure many don't and would end up losing all of their bookmarks.

All my custom bookmarks on the tool bar also disappeared when upgrading to Firefox 3.5 which was a little bit disappointing too.

At any rate Firefox is still my number 1 choice web browser.

Hopefully...maybe...fingers crossed...some of these issues will be addressed as new updates come out.