One day I read or hear about the economy recovering or improving, and the next day it's the opposite. I don't quite understand how or why it varies so much from one day to another in the news.

As I read some of these news stories I have noticed a lot of comments regarding jobs. Some of the more common comments I read are from people suggesting that factory jobs are disappearing here in the U.S. which they probably are somewhat. The other thing I hear a lot is jobs are being outsourced to other countries, which they probably are to some extent too.

Technology

I rarely or almost never see anyone mention jobs disappearing or being lost to technology. We have computers and machines that can now do the job of an employee. In some cases the computer or machine can do the job of several employees now.

The thing about this is they don't have to pay the computer or machine. They do initially have to purchase it, and maybe spend a little on upkeep and maintenance. Usually it will more than pay for itself in a year or two.

On top of that there is no complaining from the computer or machine. No insurance or other benefits to pay. And you don't have to pay it overtime.

I would really be curious to see some accurate numbers or some kind of study about job loss due to technology.

Since technology is constantly evolving, getting faster, and more efficient there is a good possibility we will see more job loss because of it.

Some folks claim it helps create jobs. It might create a few, but I lean towards more are lost than created.