Hurricane Irene
Who would have thought that the east coast would have both an earthquake and a hurricane with moderate damage potential all within a week or two of one another. I am no earthquake or hurricane expert, but this doesn't seem like something that happens very often if ever.

I would be willing to bet that the conspiracy theory websites are lit up right now. And, likely some of them end of the world religious fanatics and websites. Any time something happens they got some crazy idea, story, prediction, or prophecy to let us know about.

I am not into all the conspiracy and end of the world stuff. I've heard it some many times in the past few years that it doesn't even remotely appeal to me. Occasionally I do find some of the threads and comments entertaining though. There are a lot more crazy people out there than I thought.

I am just hoping that this latest hurricane Irene doesn't cause too much damage. We already have financial issues in this country we really don't need anymore. And, then there is talk in the news that the hurricane might cause gas prices to rise. Oh great, just what we need. Give the big oil companies a reason to raise the price of gas and they will.

Be safe!